Tomato and Burrata Toast. This recipe will serve two people.
- 1 loaf rustic sourdough bread
- 1 punnet of red cherry tomatoes
- 1 punnet of yellow cherry tomatoes
- 2 balls of fresh burrata
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil leaves
- Place the cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet, toss with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Grill/broil until the tomato skins are starting to split and are well coloured – this will take 8-10 minutes.
- Cut 4 or 5 slices of the bread into 2cm thick slices and grill on a grill pan until dark and crispy.
- Then brush with olive oil.
- Mash the burrata with a fork and spread on top of the grilled bread.
- Top with the cherry tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Scatter the top with a few fresh basil leaves and cut each toast into 3 or 4 slices.
- Present on a plate as shown in the image.